|Special Notice: We will not be accepting any more submissions until September 2001. Our apologies -- and thank you for your interest.
Official Submission Guidelines
1. Quarterly West expects the standard format for fiction or essays: typed, double-spaced, authors name and title on the first page. Poetry should be single-spaced.
2. Each manuscript must be accompanied by an SASE.
3. We accept simultaneous submissions, but wish to be informed of that fact in a cover letter. If the manuscript is accepted elsewhere, please notify us immediately.
4. We read manuscripts all year, and try to respond within four to six months.
5. Because of the overwhelming amount of submissions we receive, we ask that you please submit only once in every six month period. If we are still considering earlier work of yours, refrain from submitting again until we have responded to your first submission.
6. Submit only one story or essay, or three to five poems at one time.
7. Manuscripts accepted for publication should be submitted on computer disk, preferably in a Macintosh format.
8. Contributors receive two copies of the issue in which their work appears, as well as a small honorarium.
9. We ask that former contributors wait at least one year before submitting new work to Quarterly West.
Send manuscripts to:
Quarterly West 200 So. Central Campus Drive, Room 317 University of Utah Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9109
Visit our website at http://www.utah.edu/quarterlywest