SUBJECT>Re: Taken Out of Context (See: Wolf) POSTER>Laurel EMAIL> DATE>1108650245 IP_ADDRESS>156.77.108.71 PASSWORD>aaFRbor6/KzWk PREVIOUS>83495 NEXT> 83546 IMAGE> LINKNAME> LINKURL>

Epigraph? Or epigram? Which is correct? I used to call them epigraphs exclusively until someone said, no, no, it's epigram. Argh. I just went to the dictionary. I hate when people talk me out of what I know. Epigraph. Why on earth did I accept epigram as correct. Honestly, I'm shockingly stupid. My driver's license has my height as 5'10" because some dummy insisted that I had to be 5'10" because he insisted he was 5'9". And I, dummy that I am, believed him. Never bothered to measure myself until well after the fact.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Sigh.

The whole epigraph issue is extremely touchy with me right now, Asher. Almost called you Usher. (smile) I feel compelled to include them especially when they're the impetus for a poem. It's a way of nodding to the source of inspiration. When you say remove the epigraphs---plural---do you mean omit all of the London lines within the poem? Not sure the poem could stand on its own without them.

Heck, if I lost you...then I done lost the poem. You're a good reader. If I'm losing a reader who reads as closely and carefully as you....then all hope is lost.

Probably should've resisted the urge to post this. Went off on a tangent and hit post too quickly. I should learn to keep this crap to myself. (smile)

Thanks for reading me, Asher.

Laurel