SUBJECT>Yeah... POSTER>Jessica A.C. Snyder EMAIL>hautepoet@hotmail.com DATE>1111563166 IP_ADDRESS>az-yuma-cuda1s-201.losaca.adelphia.net PASSWORD>aaiSrkYixZ5ro PREVIOUS>85266 NEXT> 85297 IMAGE> LINKNAME> LINKURL>

The more I read the poem, the more I like the title, actually, but for slightly different and yet exactly the same reasons.

I must admit, I had not slept enough when I read this the first time, so I initially thought the title was meant as a pun (which it is, even if unintentionally) on the condition of writer's block and the actual city block (or mental city block) which inspired the poem. And, considering the 9-11 like imagery, I thought the poem was meant as more than an extended metaphor for that frustrating condition. So, I thought it deserved a title that wasn't a vague descriptor of a personal, if still common condition.

Now, as I come back to this with just a hint more sleep deprivation to help murk up my mind almost to the point of accidental clarity, I'm a thinkin' I like that pun, and it is really essential in some ways to a deeper understanding, as GC suggests. I think I was right, in that this poem is more than a nifty extended metaphor describing a state of stasis all writers at one point or another face. Whether intended or not, it really does speak to the symbiotic relationship between the trauma of watching catastrophe occur in one's environment, and the effects these environmental happenings have upon the creative drive. And, thus, the other, geographical reference can also be necesarry or at least extremely appropriate to the poem's meaning.

So, I guess that's a long explanation for what could be more quickly stated as: GC is absolutely right. Ignore my title comment, as it was made before this poem resonated into that "deeper understanding" level.