SUBJECT>Re: A message POSTER>Jenni from the block EMAIL> DATE>1112361899 IP_ADDRESS>156.77.108.71 PASSWORD>aaFRbor6/KzWk PREVIOUS>85736 NEXT> IMAGE> LINKNAME> LINKURL>

Alexander,
In your response to my response of your crit, you said you're new to posting in poetry forums. Thought I'd pass this info along to you then, since you may be unaware of it. These boards run on the principle of reciprocity, an I-scratch-your-back-you-scratch-mine policy. In other words, if you post a poem, the expectation is that you'll post no less than one critique of someone else's poem but really, the expected ratio is 3 crits for every one poem posted. Additionally, you might want to refrain from posting more than one poem per day---I know some boards strictly adhere to that rule. I'm not sure if that's the case here on the Block, but generally, posting multiple poems in a day tends to flood the board. We like to give everyone a chance to have their poems read and commented on.

I'm not an editor or monitor on this board, but I am a regular participant, so I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries in passing this information along to you. Hannah, our beloved editor, just stepped down from her monitoring duties, otherwise, she would've stepped in by now and tapped you lightly on the shoulder, smiled and informed you regarding these posting issues.

Laurel

: Just a short message to all the good people
: who've left their critiques to my poems. I
: have to drive over to Sweden today, and
: won't be back until late in the night or
: tomorrow (norwegian time). So I'll respond
: at that time.

: Be well!