SUBJECT>Re: Bloggin' with Babylonian Bologna POSTER>Robinson Michael Caruso EMAIL> DATE>1112763710 IP_ADDRESS>c-24-6-249-176.hsd1.ca.comcast.net PASSWORD>aaCxnjFbPHtfc PREVIOUS>85868 NEXT> IMAGE> LINKNAME> LINKURL>

: also: (maybe remove some letters - E's suck
: IMHO)

: Wher
: hav

:
: al        
: l th

: poems

: gon

lol

oh. i like that

lol

dango.

i've taken to posting in my sleep apparently. i was scrolling up the board when i go: huh? what's this? i posted this?

holy yah

and today?

double holy moly

i shall have to restrain myself more

thanks, ryan

oh. i listened to that jorie interview.

ooh la la. thanks for the link.

must admit -- the last time i listened to these huge poets i've been reading for quite some time now -- and live -- well, its a major blow to the image of course. same thing happened with plath. luckily her daughter's reading of one of her poems more than made up for it -- that was amazing.

but yah. Graham. wow. i missed the part when some bloke calls up and brings up her ethics issues. i wasn't aware that that was such a big issue -- apparently -- haunting her. (i did catch something about preference given or the actual prize, whitman maybe, given to her own students. the guy mentioned other stuff but the interviewer cut him off -- very smoothly i might add.)

i loved her final statement on european unification -- and utopia -- history, myriad cultures etc. coming together under one umbrella -- of course it would have sounded a lot better if she'd bought a home in let's say, uh uh, *east* germany

but. c'est la vie, normandy.

she sounds wonderfully down to earth and kind.

i wish she'd read some of the 'prayers' -- i gather those are quite intense -- at least the way she described how she wrote them was.

anyway. it was good to listen to her.

and coincidentally i'd just caught the end of a piece on public radio -- that Harvard is divesting from parts of africa?

thanks Ryan