What are the application deadlines?

    For admission beginning in the Spring, applications must be received by October 15, 2004. For admission beginning in the Summer or Fall, applications must be received by February 15, 2005. However, one may enroll in courses prior to application. To apply or contact us for more information, click here.

What programs or genres are available?

    We offer the low-residency MFA in Poetry Writing, Fiction Writing, Nonfiction Writing, Playwriting, and Screenwriting. ( MFA Faculty)

How much will it cost?

    Our program should be among the least expensive in the nation. The cost for distance classes will be the University's normal tuition, which for Fall 2002 would be $2,664.00 for two courses or 6 credit hours. Click here to visit the University Bulletin and fee table. The fees table for the summer study abroad programs can be found in the individual program information. Click here for an overview of our study abroad programs relevant to our low residency MFA program.

How do the classes work? What do I need?

    You will need a reliable, relatively late-model computer, with Internet Explorer or Netscape Communicator version 5 or higher, and you will need a fast, reliable internet connection. You will also need an up-to-date word processing program, such as Microsoft Word. The program will utilize the Blackboard web interface as well as email and paper correspondence. Click here to inspect the Blackboard interface.

What computer skills should I have?

    You don't need to be a programmer, but you do need a basic knowledge of browser operation and email. You need to know how to send an attachment to an email, and you need some familiarity with the world wide web. These skills can be acquired easily from online tutorials or other sources if you do not already have them.

What if I want to go abroad but don't want a degree?

The international reputation of our study-abroad programs often attracts students who are currently enrolled in other universities and wish to transfer credit, or who wish to attend on a non-credit basis. Both can be accommodated. Transfer and non-credit students should apply to the specific summer abroad program they wish to attend (each program has its own application form). Here are links to the specific program pages:

How do I apply?

    Application information regarding our low residency MFA program can be found here.

Low Residency MFA | • International Programs | • Requirements | • Curriculum
Workshops | • Information | • Contact/Application